Did you watch Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution? We did. It was pretty eye-opening (I still can’t get over how two bags of chips and a bag of candy are the only things that make it into some lunch boxes). It made me look more closely at our weekly menu to ensure that meals are balanced, fresh, and healthy. Of course with us being new parents, we saw how important it was to set a good example at home. In doing so, we’ve even determined that The Foodie Groom will eat peas! It’s amazing what the tiniest bit of bacon will do to a vegetable
And another non-guacamole plant-thing that he’ll eat? Corn on the cob. He rated this Grilled Corn on the Cob with Basil-Parmesan Butter as “probably the best corn I’ve ever had.” I’d probably agree, too. The flavorful compound butter was a perfect match with the grilled corn. These babies will be making a regular appearance on our menu this summer.
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Basil-Parmesan Butter
Sweet, smokey corn slathered with a garlicky, basil compound butter.
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/2 stick butter, at room temp
- 2 Tbsp basil chiffonade
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Shuck the corn, leaving a couple of layers on the corn.
- Soak the corn in a sink of cool water while heating the grill to high.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- Grill corn until the outer husks have mostly charred, about 20 minutes, rotating occasionally for even cooking.
- Remove from heat and let cool enough to handle.
- Remove remaining husks and slather with the butter.
- Serve warm. (I actually threw the buttered corn back on the grill for a few minutes to rewarm them because they had cooled too much before lunch.)
Yields: 4 servings
Estimated time: 30 minutes