It’s always fun to look back at the end of the year and see what recipes hit people with “I gotta make that now. Like RIGHT now.” Or at least “I’m going to Pin it and then forget about it. Like that DIY shower door miracle cleaner I never tried.”
The Top 12 Most Viewed recipes of 2012, as clicked on by you:
1. Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread – It’s 2 parts pizza, 1 part finger food, and 3 parts awesome. I modified a recipe I found over at the lovely Annie’s Eats and then within 7 days of being posted, it became the most popular recipe I’ve ever, ever, ever posted. Like, ever. And it has stayed that way. Kinda like my embarrassing love-hate relationship with Taylor Swift songs.
2. Brie & Brisket Quesadillas with Mango Barbecue Sauce – Thanks to the Crockpot, it’s a really easy – and a pretty fancy – dinner or appetizer. One of my all-time favorites from The Pastry Queen.
3. Fresh Strawberry Cake – Real, from-scratch strawberry cake recipes are nearly impossible to find if you’re trying to make one without Jello and strawberry extract but this one is a friend & family (and internet) favorite.
4. Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries – Last summer, zucchini invaded my backyard and threatened to take down the Monarchy. With some breadcrumbs and some Ranch Dressing, I quashed the rebellion.
5. Green Monster Breakfast Smoothie – A fresh, easy, and healthy way to start the day. It’s green – but it doesn’t taste like it!
6. Restaurant Style Queso Dip – Most restaurants won’t tell you that the secret to their awesome white queso is white American cheese. But it is. And you can make it at home for less than $7 for a small bowl.
9. Hot Asiago Crab & Artichoke Dip – We recreated – and improved – a brewery favorite appetizer. It’s killer. And uses a reduced fat base so it’s better than the original in pretty much every single way.
11. Dr. Seuss’ Thing 1 & Thing 2 Cupcakes – The attention-getter at my daughter’s Cat in The Hat Birthday Party this year.
12. Stove Top Macaroni & Cheese – 4-ingredients to stove top mac & cheese perfection. The secret to our better-for-you mac & cheese is fat-free Greek yogurt – it’s loaded with protein and makes a creamier sauce. And the variations are endless (challenge accepted).
That’s it! The Top 12 for 2012. Thanks for making 2012 such a happy blogging year!