A couple of slices of leftover brisket? Leftover pico de gallo? Half an avocado? Eggs?
Congratulations – you’ve got all the fixins necessary for a breakfast taco worthy of celebrating Texas Independence Day today!
Happy Independence Day, indeed.
Brisket Breakfast Tacos
Turn leftover brisket into breakfast tacos.
- For the pico de gallo:
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- For each taco:
- Flour tortilla
- Scrambled egg
- 1-2 slices of brisket
- Cubed avocado
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Stir the ingredients for the pico de gallo together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Warm the tortillas and brisket in the microwave until hot.
- Top your tortilla with a scoop of scrambled eggs, brisket, avocado, and a dash or two of hot sauce.
- Serve hot.
- They also freeze well - wrap in plastic wrap without the avocado and pico; reheat in the microwave and then top with avocado and pico.
Yields: Servings vary
Estimated time: 10 minutes