Happy Thanksgiving, guys! Can you believe we’re almost ready to drop a “peace the [bleep] out” on 2013? So far, it has been a pretty normal year for us – plenty of stress and a bunch of reminders about how being an adult can totally suck sometimes. Throw in that bonus scary medical “fire drill” and we are ready for the thankful, holly, and jolly holiday season. SOOOO ready. We are alive and healthy and we have some of the greatest friends and family that anyone could ask for.
And you guys? You’re pretty &^%$#@! awesome, too.
We hope you guys are able to spend this weekend with the people you live. Or like. Or are at least tolerable after a couple of cranberry margaritas – whatever it takes to deal.
My little friend who has been a tremendous help in reducing new cookbook clutter. My little friend who is always on the kitchen island, ready to help me conquer another dinner recipe, one sort of clean knuckle-swipe at a time.
Unless it’s upstairs on the treadmill because I had to run inside due to the rain. Or next to Jason’s bike trainer because he swiped it to watch mountain bike racing while he rides inside. Or hidden under the covers of The Little’s bed because she wanted to watch Dinosaur Train in peace. Or in the bathroom because – WHY IS MY IPAD IN THE &^%$#@! BATHROOM AGAIN?!
So much for those deep breathing exercises.
Would you like a chance to find your shiny new white iPad in a place you really don’t want other people taking it? Simply answer the following question in the comments below: What was your favorite Christmas gift to receive as a child?
Update: The winner is… The Home Cook with comment #404. Thanks for reading – and check your email!
I’m going to call it that sparkly navy blue 10 speed bike that I know Santa’s elves had to work extra hard to afford that year. But maybe yours was an EZ Bake Oven? A bucket of those heel-assassinating green army men? A laptop? A puppy? A baby?! - I have a friend who can actually say this!
You can earn up to 3 extra entries by:
– Leaving a separate comment below that you follow us on Twitter.
– Leaving a separate comment below that you follow us on Facebook.
– Leaving a separate comment below that you follow the blog’s Instagram feed.
(Bonus entries must be left as separate comments to count as extra entries – your comment number is your “raffle ticket.”)
The fine print:
– Maximum of four (4) entries per person.
– All “My Favorite Things” giveaways end at 12:01am (Texas time!) on December 12th.
– Winner will be selected by one of those cold, soulless, unfeeling random number generator thingies and announced on this post.
– Winners will receive a white Apple iPad 2 16GB Wifi (maximum retail value of prize = $299).
– Prize must be claimed within 7 days or it will be forfeited.
– Winning “extra entry” comments subject to verification.
– Prize can only be shipped to a US address.
– All prizes are provided by Confections of a Foodie Bride, because we love you guys.
– Official giveaway rules can be found here.