Tortellini soup is one of our go-to quickie weeknight dinners. It takes about 15 minutes from the time I crack open the fridge with that puzzled, “what can I make” look on my face to setting bowls on the table. And now that my dishwasher is broken, any meal I can make that doesn’t leave a crusty fried-on, baked-on, burned-on mess is a plus!
Quick Chicken Tortellini Soup
A quick, simple dinner perfect for a weeknight.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 9oz package of fresh chicken and cheese tortellini
- 2 cups baby arugula and spinach*
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- Parmesan shavings, for serving
- Heat chicken broth over medium-high heat.
- Add tortellini to the hot broth. Cook until heated through (see package directions).
- Divide greens between 4 bowls.
- Ladle soup over the greens and top with chopped tomato and Parmesan.
Yields: 4 servings
Estimated time: 15 minutes