Sometimes you just want something a little different. And sometimes you don’t, but you keep such terrible inventory of your pantry that you’re left with no choice. Everyone wants something chocolate to munch on at 11pm. But no one wants to run to the store at 11pm for chocolate.
So we took our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and swapped the chocolate chips for chopped peanut butter cups. Same fantastically chewy cookie, but with the added goodness of peanut butter cups. Chocolate and peanut butter really do make everything better!
Chewy Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Thick and chewy cookies studded with chopped peanut butter cups.
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz package mini peanut butter cups, unwrapped and rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 325. Line two baking sheets with parchment or a silicon mat.
- Place butter and sugars in a mixer bowl, mix on medium high until well-combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in egg, yolk, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low just until combined. Add peanut butter cups until distributed.
- Chill dough 15 minutes. Scoop 1/4-cup dough balls onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake 12-16 minutes, until the edges brown and the center is still soft.
- Let cool on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Yields: 18 cookies
Estimated time: 40 minutes