I am super excited about this week’s selection for Project Pastry Queen: Hill Country Peach Cobbler, chosen by Josie. Peach cobbler is one my very favorite desserts, topped with a melty scoop of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
This is one of my very favorite recipes in the entire cookbook. The browned butter adds a wonderful layer of flavor to the filling and biscuits. Back when I made this the first time, I thought that it was far too sweet. During peach season, ripe peaches are plenty sweet enough to carry a dish like this!
- Cut the sugar in half so the fantastically sweet peaches could shine through.
- Substituted whole wheat flour for half of the white.
- Whisked 2 Tbsp of bourbon into the butter before putting the batter down.
- Added ~1 tsp of cinnamon to the cobbler batter.
- Instead of using 1/2 cup packed brown sugar for the topping, I just sprinkled 2 Tbsp over top.