I’m supposed to have a Project Pastry Queen challenge to show you today (um, or tomorrow ). But I don’t. The rest of the group baked up King Ranch Chicken Casserole with Jody this week. But when it came time to gather the ingredients, I just couldn’t pull the trigger. I couldn’t tackle comfort food with a 99-degree high and two 100-degree days on the forecast.
I can’t wait until it’s cool enough to go back and tackle the King Ranch Chicken and make hearty, warm comfort foods for dinner. But what I’m really looking forward to is pumpkin! Pancakes, bread, and cake rolls. Ravioli, bread pudding, and french toast. Pumpkin anything and everything!
What fall food are you most looking forward to?
That’s the question to answer in the comments below to enter the apron giveaway! Good luck!
Update: Francesca is the winner, with lucky comment #224. Instructions to claim your prize have been sent to the email address that you left with your comment. Thanks!
The fine print:
- One comment per person.
- You can earn two extra entries by:
– Leaving a comment that you follow us on Twitter.
– Leaving a comment that you like us on Facebook.
- Giveaway ends at 11:59pm (Texas time!) on Friday.
- Winner will be selected by one of those cold, soulless, unfeeling random number generator thingies and announced on this post on Saturday.
- If prize isn’t claimed within 7 days, a second winner will be selected.
- Contest is open to readers world wide.