Arrabiata sauce, or angry sauce, is popular twist on a classic tomato sauce recipe. With a heat fueled from a sizable dose of crushed red pepper, this recipe is sure to raise the temperature in your kitchen!
Fiery Arrabiata Pasta Sauce
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (divided in half)
- 28 oz can tomatoes
- parsley to garnish (optional)
- Parmesan to garnish (optional)
- Add the onion, garlic, olive and butter to a heated sauce pan and saute until the onions are clear.
- Add rosemary, salt, black pepper, red pepper, and tomatoes. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta and garnish with parsley and grated Parmesan.
Yields: 6 servings
Estimated time: 25 minutes