On the 4th day of Christmas, there was the most popular piece of cookware in our kitchen!
Before we got married, we attended a marriage prep seminar hosted by our church. The lunch session was led by an assistant pastor-slash-chef (for real) and centered on cooking and sharing time together in the kitchen. He shared plenty of valuable life and kitchen tips, like:
– If she cooks, he should do the dishes
– One of the very few cookbooks you’ll actually ever need is the Gourmet cookbook
– Don’t be afraid of the 2 Tbsp of butter you put in a pan for sauteing
– Don’t bother with the large, expensive cookware sets, but do splurge on a good frying pan and a 2-quart sauce pan
We purchased the Gourmet cookbook on the way home that day and headed over to the over-priced, shiny kitchen store to look at cookware. And then I nearly fainted. Replace a $15 pan that seems to work just fine with a $100+ pan? Was pastor-slash-chef drunk?!
Over the last several years, as handles have broken and fallen-off, and weak- and hot-spots have shown up in that $15 Before Marriage cookware, we started replacing individual pieces with All-Clad Stainless Steel. One piece at a time – so no one has to sell a kidney.
The 10-inch frying pan is my work horse. It’s my favorite sear-and-bake pan, my favorite sauce pan, my favorite frying pan, my favorite everything-but-scrambled-eggs pan. And I think you should have one, too.
To enter the giveaway, answer this question in the comments below: What piece of cookware do you use the most?
Update: the winning comment is #93, Kathy @ The Sugar Queen.
The fine print:
– Maximum of three comments per person. You can earn two extra entries by:
– Leaving a separate comment below that you follow us on Twitter.
– Leaving a separate comment below that you like us on Facebook.
– Giveaway ends at 11:59pm (Texas time!) tonight.
– Winner will be selected by one of those cold, soulless, unfeeling random number generator thingies and announced on this post tomorrow.
– Winners will receive an All-Clad 10-inch frying pan (maximum retail value of prize = $80).
– Prize must be claimed within 7 days or it will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
– Prize can only be shipped to a US address.
– Official giveaway rules can be found here.
Good luck! And check out what’s coming next in the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways!